- If he is unable or chooses not to gain any cards from the reserve, he may instead discard one card of his choice from the reserve.
- An investigator on a space containing a Monster cannot perform this action.
- Jenny Barnes has a special ability that as an action allows her or another investigator on a City space to perform an Acquire Assets action and gain +2 during that action.
- Charlie Kane's special ability allows another investigator to gain the Assets he acquires instead of keeping it himself.
- When Bob Jenkins performs an Acquire Assets action, all items are considered to have one less value than normal, to a minimum of 1. This does not apply to assets gained in ways other than an Acquire Assets roll, or for other uses of Acquire Assets such as for the Funding The Cause Task.
- Preston Fairmont may perform an Acquire Assets action and a Gather Resources action at the same time. Additionally, he may spend an action to allow another player on his space to do one or both actions.